Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cupcake Card

I have two cards to share with you today. The first one has a cupcake sticker from the new Papermania Elements Cupcake Delights sticker pack. I have designed a new card kit with these stickers which should be available for purchase from tomorrow. These stickers are so cute - my favourite is the Love Birds set with the birdcages! Oh, and the butterflies!! I also used a new Cuttlebug embossing folder, Dawny and I quite like how it turned out. You probably can't see it too well in this photo but I have used a piece of patterned vellum on this card. It has white and creamy leaves on it and it is behind the green and white card. Kathleen gave me the idea to start using our beautiful vellums on my cards - I am looking forward to using more of them as we have so many gorgeous designs in-store now.


The next card is one I designed awhile ago but it has always been a favourite of mine due to it's simplicity. I think we all need a quick and easy card design to fall back on when we don't have a lot of time to make a card. The sentiment has been cut on the Cuttlebug as has the flower. I have cut the flower out of felt and glued a button on top. Then you add a small strip of ribbon for the stem. I used a white gel pen to doodle around the border. Also, make sure you attach the brads to the green card before you stick this piece to the base card otherwise the brads will show through on the inside of your card.

No comments:

Post a Comment