Friday, February 12, 2010

My Little Secret!

I have a secret. Shhh, don't tell the scrapbookers I know and love, but I have developed an addiction to making cards! Whilst recovering from my broken ankle the last couple of months I have been spending my days making cards for classes at the shop. Cassie had the scrapbooking classes under control so I was put on cardmaking duty. And now I really love creating cards!
Here are three easy cards I designed. I have used Kaiser stamps on the first one here along with watercolour pencils to colour them in. The Thinking of You sentiment is from the fabulous Papermania Sentiment set that we sell. It is THE BEST sentiment set because it covers so many occasions and is excellent value at under $20. The other thing I love about this set is that each sentiment comes in a couple of different fonts and sizes.

I used some beautiful Stamp It frangipani shimmery paper for the next card that we have in store at the moment. The butterfly has been punched from one of my favourite punches, an EK Success punch. I then embossed it on the Cuttlebug. The sentiment is from a Kaiser rub on set of sentiments and images that are perfect for cardmaking (and excellent value!). And see that scallop border along the bottom of the sentiment? Another of my favourite punches - an EK Success border punch. Visit me at the shop and I will show you how to use it - you need it!!

The last card for today was so quick to make. I cut the cute bird on the Cricut from the Lyrical Letters cartridge - this cartridge in my opinion is fantastic value for both cardmakers AND scrapbookers as there are so many images and sentiments. The Happy Birthday sentiment is a stamp from the Papermania set I was telling you about earlier. And this paper is so fresh! It is a Rouge de Garance paper that we have in store. We received another delivery of Rouge de Garance today and I bought some of the paper home to scrapbook with so I will post my creations when they are finished!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend! I have two days off and am going to spend some time scrapbooking (yes, taking a break from the cards). I will be back at work on Monday with the lovely Nolene! Kathleen needs some days off after working so hard the last few months so Nolene and I will be running amok in the shop on Monday - come visit us!!
Tamara


No comments:

Post a Comment