Sunday, February 28, 2010

For Today - Scrapbooking Inspiration

For Today: 28th February

(Inspired by a blog post of Ali Edwards that I just came across)

Outside my window... overcast sky, trees and butterflies

I am thinking... that I can not wait to walk again so that i can clean my house. I am also thinking that I can not believe that housework is near the top of my list of things to do once i can walk again... :)

I am thankful for... so many things that i can not possibly list them all here. However, at the moment i am most thankful for good friends and family who have spent the last three months selflessly looking after me. They have given up so much to do this and it will take me a long time to repay them for their kindness.

From the kitchen... not much! i can't really cook at the moment - it took me about forty minutes to boil eggs and make myself a curried egg sandwich due to the distance between my fridge, sink and benches (throwing eggs the length of my kitchen wouldn't be a good idea and i can't exactly carry them and use crutches at the same time so you can see my dilemma especially when you consider carrying other ingredients and utensils...) so, we are living on convenience foods at the moment. i am really looking forward to a proper homecooked meal and so is Eliahn!

I am wearing... my pj's.

I am creating... a layout for Wed night class and also card samples for a class we are having in March (30 cards in one class all made with the new Kaiser La Di Da range - nice!)

I am going... to rest all day and probably watch tv shows.

I am reading... blogs. I have run out of books to read :( Really need a new vampire book!

I am hoping... that my operation goes well.

I am hearing... the birds outside and the fan inside.

Around the house... it is quiet as i am the only one here - i like that!

One of my favourite things... rainy Sunday's at home with Eliahn (was hoping for that kind of weather today but it appears that the sun is trying to come out, oh well...)

A few plans for next week... creating, catching up with Nolene, hanging out with Kate and Eliahn, counting down to my operation - it's an exciting time around here lol!! Don't let me forget though - i am looking forward to Jilly GG's first classes at Inkredible next Saturday!

A picture to share... well, two actually. these are some ATC's i made for a swap last year and i just found the photos on my computer. these are the only ATC's i have ever made and i quite liked them. i used oil pastels and stamping after Nolene taught me some techniques in class.



I decided to share this blog post from Ali with you because i thought that it could be quite a useful tool for scrapbookers. Often we struggle with journaling and documenting our life stories. This shows you how easy it can be. Just answer some simple questions about what is happening in your life at the moment and scrapbook it. It's a glimpse into your everyday life - often we neglect to include these in our scrapbooks but i am so sure that our children would love to read these kinds of snippets of their lives and their parents lives.
Have a fabulous Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I like that you are having a good day. Friends & family don't mind doing things for you because we love you, just like you wouldn't mind looking after us, for the same reason (we hope). It is never a chore, you are my friend - bestest - and you have to know I love you and value you as a person, after all you are still around after 18yrs, not many more have made it that long!

    ReplyDelete